
by Lexi Lonas Cochran at The Hill
Education Secretary Linda McMahon said Friday that President Trump is moving forward with an executive order to dismantle the Education Department.
“I think he certainly intends to sign the order, and we’ve talked about it. He’s made it crystal clear since the time he was running for president that this is his intent,” McMahon told “Fox & Friends” in her first interview since getting confirmed earlier this week.
Trump was originally expected to sign such an order Thursday, but it did not come to fruition. The move could come as soon as Friday afternoon.
A draft order obtained by multiple outlets directs McMahon to do all she legally can to dismantle the department but acknowledges an act of Congress would be needed to completely abolish the agency.
When asked about who would control “woke” schools if the federal agency went away, McMahon said it would be up to the states.
“Truly up to the governors,” she said.
The department has been a major part of Trump’s efforts…
Continue Reading