by Sophie Mann at Daily Mail
- Failed crypto exchange boss Sam Bankman-Fried was revealed to be one of the largest donors to Democratic politicians during the last election cycle
- He recently claimed to have donated just as much to Republicans but via dark channels so the money is publicly untraceable
- Twitter owner Elon Musk has now submitted that SBF in fact funded Democrats closer to the tune of $1billion and is asking where that money went
- Bankman-Fried stands accused of funneling customers’ funds from FTX to his other crypto trading firm, Alameda Research
- The U.S. Department of Justice has called for an independent investigation into FTX’s bankruptcy filing following allegations of fraud and misconduct
Elon Musk has suggested that disgraced crypto exchange billionaire Sam Bankman-Fried donated more than $1billion to Democrats before FTX‘s collapse.
Musk’s allegation, if true, would mean SBF donated significantly more than the initially reported $40million figure to Democratic politicians, ahead of his business’s total meltdown.
On Friday, healthcare tech startup CEO Will Mandis tweeted: ‘SBF donating $40m to not go to jail for stealing $10b+ is one of the highest ROI trades of all time,’ referring to the known number in donations to Democratic politicians.
Musk then weighed and responded, ‘That’s just the publicly disclosed number. His actual support of Dem elections is probably over $1B. The money went somewhere, so where did it go?’
Prior to the implosion of FTX late last month – which is largely being blamed on the questionable sharing of funds between FTX and crypto trading firm Alameda Research – SBF had a close relationship with the party in power in Washington, DC.
He has testified before Congress,…Continue Reading