Here are the details.
- Khan was shot in his right shin on Thursday, at 4:21 pm local time (11:21GMT), when his anti-government protest convoy came under attack. His life was not in danger.
- A total of 14 people were injured, doctors said. One of Khan’s supported died after sustaining bullet wounds.
- “This is not only an assassination attempt on Imran Khan but an attack on Pakistan itself,” aide Fawad Chaudhry said on Twitter.
- Khan was taken to a hospital in Lahore after the attack. A doctor said there were bullet fragments in his leg and his tibia bone was chipped.
- Earlier, videos circulating on social media showed him waving to the crowd after being evacuated from his vehicle.
— PTI (@PTIofficial) November 3, 2022